For lute playing opportunities, see:
Lute society meetings are free for all to attend, although there is usually a charge if you wish to attend the recital at the end of the meeting.
Agendas from previous meetings are available.
Unless otherwise noted, meetings are generally held at the Dutch Church, 7 Austin Friars, London EC2N 2HA (nearest tubes: Bank, Liverpool Street).
September 7th at the Dutch church, London. All welcome, no need to book, admission is free, apart from the final recital, tickets for which are available during the day or on the door. Here is the timetable.
- 11.00 Coffee
- 11.30 Out of the deep: marine archaeology and a reconstruction of a shipwrecked 4-course guitar, talk and demonstration from Jesus Alonso Yllana
- 12.30 Mini-recital by Jamie Akers
- 1.00 Lunch
- 2.00 Mini-recital, David Protheroe performs his own newly-composed and published lute songs, with Taro Takeuchi, Pat Glynn and Chris Goodwin
- 2.45 David van Edwards and Luke Emmet present the new, improved online picture database
- 3.00 Newsidler and the art of intabulation, a talk by Martin Shepherd
- 4.00 Mini-recital, by Madeline de Berrie and Sara Salloum
- 4.30 Home-made cake, tea and wine
- 5.00 The Lute Society recital Joachim Held plays Polish lute music of the renaissance
BELGIAN LUTE ACADEMY
August 23, a lute festival of the Belgian Lute Academy in Mechelen with Rolf Lislevand lute-academy.be/kalenderitem/luitfestival-mechelen/
The evening concert is Ensemble Kapsberger – Scaramanzia, 23 augustus @ 20:00 - 22:00, Rolf Lislevand – barokgitaar, aartsluit en theorbe, Thomas Baeté – viola da gamba, Didier François – nyckelharpa
September 27-29, First international conference on the lute in higher eductation, Hochschule fur Kunste Bremen, registration by 30th August, at
October 13, Annual lute day in Brussels in the Académie de musique, Avenue des deux tilleuils 2, Woluwe St Lambert. From 9:30 AM untill 5 PM the programme will be announced on our website in summer lute-academy.be/