Some free downloads for your enjoyment. See also:
Free downloads of the entire output of lute editions and facsimiles of TREE EDITION, bequeathed to the world by Albert Reyerman in his last year.
Consort music and playing together
- Matthew Holmes Consort Music, edited by Ian Gaskell.
- O Happie Ground - freely available grounds to accompany yourself on the computer as you play the trebles.
- Leighton Tears - Tears or Lamentations of a sorrowful soul , by Sir William Leighton 1614.
- 16th century Spanish music arranged for renaissance lute and treble instrument by Joaquim Bogunya Chesa
- English music from the Golden Age - The Flute and the Lute vol. 2 by Joaquim Bogunya Chesa
- Varietie of Lute Quartets, by David Protheroe: Fantasie, Pavin, Galliard, Almaine, Coranto and Volte Superius (d lute), Contratenor altus (a lute), Tenor (G lute), Bassus (D lute) and Full score
- Three Gymnopedies by Erik Satie arranged for lute and recorder by Leonard Williams
- Two short pieces by Franciscus Bossinensis transcribed for lute and recorder by Philip MacLeod-Coupe
Lute Duet - video backing tracks
Madrigal and motet arrangements
- Four Songs from the Book of Common Prayer for voice, lute and viol by Roy Marks.
- Miserere, My Maker (Anon.), from the Turpyn Book of Lute Songs, by Wilfred Foxe.
- Betrachte meine Seel from St John Passion, J S Bach, BWV 245, No 19 prepared by Wilfred Foxe.
- Psalm settings, Magificat and Grace for voice and lute by Roy Marks.
- Easter in Lockdown. This includes anonymous setting of 'Befiehl du deine Wege', an arrangement for voice and lute of ‘O sacred head surrounded’, both for Dm lute, and a version of the latter for lute in old tuning. Arranged by Wifred Foxe.
- Sweet was the sounge the Veregin sange Anon. Arranged by Wifred Foxe.